Monday, May 10

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together."

Dear Self, why do you make unattainable summer goals every single year? Literally every year since sixth grade I've been making these private summer lists with the most random of goals, that almost never happen. I'll probably still do it this year just for gits and shiggles. :)

1. Grow my hair long: this one makes it on the list every year because I always cut it and like it for awhile, then start to hate it. Seriously, I CANNOT cut it again this year.

2. Make an Etsy Sale: this one is so huge. I don't need to be successful on there, I just want some validation that my money and hard work were well spent.

3. Get my first listing: this one is seriously wishful thinking. I want to be successful in real estate and I know working with my parents gets people so far, so fingers crossed.

4. Get my first commission check: this goes with the one above. I want to make a sale and have a HUD-1 package get delivered to me at the front desk with MY name on it and get so overwhelmed with excitement.

5. Have an amazing birthday: this one almost always is on the list as well, but I really do wanna make my 19th a blast without the presence of alcohol. It really is possible to have fun without it. I think people forget that and if you can't have fun without it, you probably weren't very fun to begin with. I have a lot of themes swirling around in my head, but I'm almost 80% positive I know what it's gonna be. STAY TUNED.

6. Successfully knit SOMETHING: ever since one of my knitting needles broke, I've been sort of lazy about trying to knit, but before that I couldn't get past the second row, so Sam is gonna help me!

7.  Learn to drive stick: Trey has been trying to get me to learn forever. It freaks me out to be so involved while driving, like I don't know if I can focus on so many things, but I want to learn just in case.

8. Become comfortable with myself: this is a get fit goal, one that frequently shows up on this list because it's always around bikini season that I realize uncomfortable I am in my skin especially in a bathing suit. A workout dvd and some serious gym/yoga time is a MUST.

9. Watch all the Harry Potter movies in a row: I've been wanting to do this since forever, so I'm thinking definite fort activity ASAP. Guys, I know you're reading, let's make this happen AND dress up while doing it.

10. Save up or receive a new camera for my birthday: I'd love to say this is a must, but it's not. I have a functioning digital camera. It's just not fun and I hate that its USB cord is so dumb and different and now isn't working in my Mac, so I have to put my memory card in my old Dell laptop and then transfer the pictures from there to a flash drive to my iPhoto. I just need a new camera okay!? :)

11. Find a new TV show to be obsessed with: every summer I find a new/or not so new show to become totally addicted to, last summer it was One Tree Hill. The love never usually transfers to the fall, but it's always fun to become so interested in a make believe world that you can visit everyday.

12. Finish my friends letters: See blog post: April 26th

13. Make a fort, a really really cool one: I want to spend a night or afternoon with my best friends making a really badass fort to watch movies in and take crazy pictures and make awesome summer memories. 

I'm sure there's more. One hundred percent sure that I'm also too tired to think of any more. I have my first real estate training class at 9 and I need to be awake for Trey and I after the news that he pulled an all nighter. I also have my second round of real estate school exams today, so cross your fingers. I'm quite excited. Have a good day everyone. I'll leave you with some Mother's Day pictures that I love because I love my family. We all went to church and to Elephant Bar together. It was amazing.




No comments: