Sunday, May 9

"We celebrate a mother’s love which is constant, eternal, and there from the very beginning."

I don't know where this post will go. I think it's more for me than anybody else. I guess I'll start with my first official summer night. After Curtis' graduation party, Trey and I headed home to switch cars and take mine. We picked up my bestie, Sam (I don't think it was necessary to clarify) and drove over to Chipotle to meet Sara. He was there, so Sara got hers to go and we hopped in my car and headed to Trey's. We talked for awhile, got on Chatroulette, got grossed out and nexted a lot so we got off. But it was an experience to say the least. That was my first and ONLY time I think. Haha. We blasted music and opened the windows and sunroof driving to drop Sara off back at Chipotle. We took some pictures then headed to my house. We all watched Toddlers and Tiaras, although I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who wanted to. They left around midnight and I called it a successful night.

Today is Mother's Day. I always enjoy reading the postsecrets from today. I get to see the relationships people I've never even met or known about have with their mom's through a picture and some words. Some are sad about abandonment or drug addictions, others are so happy about how their mom is their best friend or how their hugs are still the best thing in the world even at age 20.  I wonder what it would be like if I made one to send in. What would it say about me and my relationship with my momma. My mom has gone through a lot from moving here without any of her family to the divorce and then the death of her mom a few years ago. I admire her. Maybe I just wish things were different, that she wasn't so overprotective or accusing. But most of all I wish she believed in and supported me. That's all I want. All I want. It's just hard. I'm blessed not only have my biological mom, but also my stepmom. We didn't get along for a long time, but she has been such a wonderful presence in my life for over 6 years now. I have two great moms and I'm so happy for it. Happy Mother's Day everyone. Appreciate your mother, because even on the hard days, you have to remember she's always sacrificed for you. <3

(clearly my love of sunglasses comes from somewhere.)

No comments: