Saturday, June 26

"You cannot worry about the past or future. Happiness is in the now. "

"When you get bit by a snake, you have to suck out all the poison, that's what I had to do, suck all the poison out of my life."

I feel ridiculous for equating my life to a Mean Girls, but it's so true. Over the past week I've seen how negative and truly poisoness my life has become. My days are filled with negativity, bad moods, complaining, and drama. It makes the day go by longer, and the weeks drag on. The realization of this came a couple of days ago. I stepped back and took a long, hard look at my life and the way I've been living and saw so many things I didn't like. The mistakes I made, the way I've treated people, the way I've allowed people to treat me, the situations I've fallen into, and my attitude about it all. It's all very difficult to grasp. I think this was the first step to change though. I saw how my life was and decided I didn't want it anymore. So here I am.

I'm not running after anyone anymore. I think people's decision to leave is their choice, not mine. Things happen and I've been trying to forgive more freely. I've apologized for my mistakes and for things I've done, reasons people have left. I've decided to give up my grudges and let people feel the way they do and not let it get to me anymore. That's been the hardest part, just letting go. Letting go of those situations, the people, the way I've been living.

But it's so worth it because even this morning I woke up feeling like the sun was shining brighter and the day would be good. My serendipity for today is realizing that life goes on and only you can make the necessary changes to make your life more worthwhile.

No comments: