Wednesday, June 2

"I hope you never lose your sense of wonder. You get your fill to eat, but always keep that hunger. May you never take one single breath for granted."

Today is the day, my very favorite person will graduate. Emily Louise Christ. I will be rushing out of work with all my might to be at ASU to see her cross that stage hopefully without tripping. It's always weird to see her full name written out or said out loud because she's not Emily; she's retard, whore, best friend, em, but mostly sister. She's been here for years. She's see my highs and lows and I've seen hers. She's always the first person I call when I'm hurting or the first place I stalk when I'm crying and can't breathe. We're practically twins. I swear we have the same brain, God just couldn't keep it confined to one body. It wouldn't be cool to deprive the world of that awesome-ness twice. We never fight, ever. Our regular conversations come off as fighting anyways. (You're such a fatass, slut.) We read each other's minds and we do a massive amount of stalking and J. Biebs blasting. Just a year ago, she was cheering for me as I walked across that stage.
So much has changed in both our lives. I went to college. She was a senior in high school. We both met new people, we let go of some old, we made mistakes, we did stupid things, but we never let go of ourselves and each other through it all. I can't even describe to you how wonderful my sister is and how blessed I am to have her as my other half. Our lives will be filled next steps and change, just like today is, but through every moment she'll be by my side. We'll be next to each other at the altar, holding each other's bouquets, calling each other a whore/bitch in the delivery room while having our babies, going to Disneyland on combined family vacays and one day being crazy old ladies who are super Botoxed and tanned and totally ridiculously dressed. Em, enjoy tomorrow because life goes by too fast. I'm so proud of you sissy. (Btw, don't make fun of me when I'm crying like a loser, even though you'll start crying too)

No comments: