Monday, May 24

“Love is everything it’s cracked up to be. That’s why people are so cynical about it.It really is worth fighting for, risking everything for. "

"Maybe sometimes, we've got it wrong, but it's alright. The more things seem to change, the more they stay the same. Oh, don't you hesitate. Girl, put your records on, tell me your favorite song. You go ahead, let your hair down. Sapphire and faded jeans, I hope you get your dreams, Just go ahead, let your hair down. You're gonna find yourself somewhere, somehow."

I love waking up in the morning. It's summer and it's so new and wonderful. But there's so much that has stayed the same, Trey is the same today, he will be the same tomorrow, and he was the same yesterday, he's mine. I've been doing some heart evaluating. I've been questioning my place in this relationship. I love him, I've just been letting others' opinion of me and how I treat Trey really whisper in my ear. It's hard that I'm so strong willed. I'm not submissive at all because I've done that, I've let guys push me around and use me. I've been trying to not let my emotions get the best of me, where I don't blow up about little things, but it just does not work. I want to change, I've been trying to change. That's why I haven't been blogging. I've been trying to focus on opening up the sweet side, the more sensitive quiet side of me. Then I found this quote,
"I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you don't sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." 

Trey loves me. He tells me over and over. He calls me perfect, I disagree completely, and clearly many people agree, I am out of out of control and I am hard to handle, but this is love. All those people, those people who say I don't love him or don't show him love or whatever, couldn't even define love from a dictionary. Love isn't something that spreads across the board, not every love fits in the same little square box, sometimes it's a different shape and  it's definitely not one simple item, it's everything combined. It's the laughter, it's the compliments, the back scratches, the fights, the warm massages, the kisses, the slow dancing in the kitchen, car rides, inside jokes, the tears, hopes, and dreams. It's everything in a blender mixed with time and patience between two people. Trey, you're it for me. I can't say it enough. I took a risk after being hurt and I couldn't imagine my life without it. Love isn't for the weak of heart or mind, it takes a lot out of you some days, but on the other days it gives it all back and more. I'm so happy to share myself with him, today I passed my real estate test and I screamed over and over in the car with him and he kissed me and he was truly proud of me and it felt so much better than getting my real estate license in general because he shared it with me. It was another one of those many moments we spent together reveling in excitement that we'll get share for the rest of our lives. So go ahead and tell me I don't love him or I treat him bad, but I can guarantee if you knew love, you'd see us as a representation of that. We were made to find to each other and to save each other from our places in life where we were lost. 

Team Trelle!
P.S. I'm quite aware that this post is POLAR opposite of the last post, it's supposed to be. We've figured stuff out. We have and I'm so happy about it. 



No comments: