Sunday, April 25

"Somehow it’s reassuring knowing I’m not the only one pretending to be normal."

Today's Sunday, yes I missed "Serendipitous Saturday," so I will give you a mini one today, but only this once. :) This week has been quite a roller coaster, but it's over and I was still able to find some good in the week.

(weheartit.com)
1. Justin Bieber - He's one of those artists you hear all the time on the radio and there are tons of facebook groups making fun of how young he is, but I've discovered how completely ADORABLE he is. I've found myself rocking out to "Baby," more than a few times this week when I was really upset. Also, while I was working out at the gym, a J-Bieb lookalike came in and I totally went cougar and creeped on him. He was SO cute and I think he has the potential to be big. 

(weheartit.com)
2. Apple Cider Vinegar, Honey, and Olive Oil Mask - I love this mask. I found it on tumblr by accident sometime this week and I have used it once this week and I adore it. It made my skin feel so good and that totally makes everything better. All of the natural ingredients all really have a purpose and they all work to fix a lot of skin problems. Here is the link to the tumblr post: here.


(tumblr.com)
3. Katherine - I stumbled upon Katherine when I searched fashion design on my dashboard on tumblr. She posted something about being a fashion design major and being so excited to take all of her classes in the fall. SO LIKE ME! So I "liked" that post and started following her on tumblr, thinking nothing of it and she sent me a NICE formspring question (yes, they do exist.) and we started to communicate by email and now on facebook. We're so alike it's scary. We shared the same confusion and indecision about our future plans, she lives in Arizona too, and we just talk the same. I love talking to her because she makes me feel like I'm not alone starting in this world of fashion design. Here's her tumblr, if you're interested: here.


4. Doves - I've seen quite a few dove tattoos, all for different reasons, but I've looked into their meaning. I've found mostly they symbolize peace. In the Bible, the dove is used by Noah to find out if the water of the flood has receded and the dove brings back the branch of an olive tree. I also found a verse (Isaiah 38:14), where it speaks of crying and moaning like a dove and then calling out to God for aid when you're troubled. This fits so perfectly with everything I've dealt with for the past few years. I really love the Picasso dove of peace. I think I might get it on my foot one day, but I just I had to add this because finding this symbolism has been a wonderful source of peace.


5. Kimmy's Glee Audition - I met Kimmy through Casey awhile ago, we're facebook and twitter friends and I've stumbled upon her youtube videos of different performances. This girl has serious talent. I could see that even before seeing the videos because I saw her in the Urban Lemmings shows and Hamilton plays/musicals. She's seriously going places and I knew her Glee audition would show that. Give her some gold stars and help her get on Glee, I promise you won't be disappointed. Go here: http://www.myspace.com/gleeauditions?link=531866691

No comments: