Thursday, March 18

" A satisfied flower is one whose petals are about to fall."

I'm officially packing up to leave the cabin in a few hours. We've been here since Monday and it's truly been my happy place. The weather is so chilly and not what I'm usually comfortable with, but it's been so perfect to play in the snow and take in the fresh air in the Rockies. I've become at home in this bed even if the sounds of the forest still freak me out. I sleep more soundly and wake up refreshed. I'm sad to pack up my closet and drawers and bathroom and head back to Denver for the rest of the weekend. I'll miss the view, the quaint town of Estes Park, the bundling up, the basement all to myself, the quiet, and the ability to think without distractions.

Only Friday, Saturday, and Sunday left before I'm back to Chandler/Tempe and back to the reality I wish I could get away from. Next post, I will be starting a countdown of how many days of school left. I need to push through. I really do.

No comments: