Tuesday, December 15

"This could be one of those memories, we want to hold on to, cling to, one we can’t forget."


There is something so wonderful about Christmastime. It should really be its own season because the rest of winter is cold and slightly dreary, but Christmas smells more delicious, has its own music, and is so much brighter, literally. I am oh so glad the stress of school is done. I have come to the conclusion that my grades this semester mean nothing to me because I'm using them as a preparation for me to start over for Spring semester. I've been spending almost everyday with that boy up there. We went to the State Game, drove around aimlessly more, had cute lunch dates, went shopping, baked Christmas cookies and just overall enjoyed life. I'm excited for this to be another summer because our first summer together was amazing and soon we'll be spending our first Christmas together with my family. I gave him part of his Christmas/7monthaversary present yesterday after our lovely trip to cinnamon scented Michael's.



Yes, I painted again and not just painted again, but painted for someone else. On the drive home with new paints and brushes I was stumped on what I was going to make for him, so I did some research and dove into abstract squares which brought me to Piet Mondrian and his paintings called the Compositions Yellow, Blue, & Red. Although his paintings look quite dull, there is evidence of different brush strokes to create depth. I wanted to emulate this in my kindergartners interpretation using more color and the colors for meanings. I came up with this. I appropriately named it, My Life Would Suck Without You because despite all the colors representing the sadness and unhappy things that have plagued our relationship, my life would TRULY suck without Trey in it.


Sometimes, as I've said before, there are these moments, unexplainable moments where I feel infinite and as Trey left yesterday before I went off to paint, a song was playing in the background of our goodbye.


"This could be one of those memories



We want to hold on to, cling to, 
one we can’t forget
Baby, this could be our last first kiss
The door to forever
What if this was that moment
That chance worth taking
History in the making"


It was as if nothing else mattered right there and we had the most perfect soul grabbing, heart stopping kiss like it really was, our last first kiss. New favorite song? Yes. :) And for the record this is my 200th blog post published or saved. :)



No comments: