Saturday, June 19

"See the world as your self. Have faith in the way things are."

I know it's been awhile since I've been feeling serendipity, seriously. I'm sorry to leave you hanging, but I'm back. :)
1. Twenty Before 20: Since I've seemingly inspired everyone to make theirs, I realized I never shared mine that I finally finished.  So here it is: (bold-done;italics-in the process)

  1. Take a road trip anywhere with anyone.
  2. Learn to drive stick.
  3. See the "world's largest" something.
  4. Try sushi.
  5. Buy a record player.
  6. Save $2000.
  7. Buy a new camera.
  8. See Hogwarts.
  9. Choose a career.
  10. Learn to sew.
  11. Make my mom proud.
  12. Sell 10 houses.
  13. Ride a mechanical bull for more than a few seconds.
  14. Stay out until sunrise.
  15. Get my cartilage pierced.
  16. Watch every episode of Sex and the City.
  17. Take a picture with all of my favorite famous people's stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
  18. Find a healthy and satisfying work out routine and stick to it.
  19. Redecorate this mess of a room. 
  20. Get a 4.0 GPA.
2.  Toy Story 3! : OMG OMG OMG! We went to see it at midnight at the San Tan Mall and it was the most fantastic thing ever. I seriously cried. I loved it. It was so funny and cute and so true to the amazing-ness of the first two. My new favorite movie of this year by far. Go see it you won't be disappointed at all. 

3. Nook: I know I posted about it earlier this week, but it's seriously the coolest thing. Charlotte has become my new best friend. I carry it everywhere and I read with every spare second I have. It's so convenient and the battery lasts forever. For me, it has become a worthy purchase. I've finished three books on it so far. Skinny Bitch, Something Borrowed, and Something Blue. I started reading The Death and Life of Charlie St. Cloud last night too. I highly recommend the first three. I finished them all so quickly. I know I look like a nerd when I read in restaurants or in the car, but I just love it so much. Definitely worth the money. 



4. New Makeup: I'm not one to buy new makeup, but when your eyeliner is the size of your thumbnail, there tends to be an issue. I went out on a limb and bought two new items to add to my black makeup case that I now adore.  First is Maybelline the Falsies Volume Express. It boasts being like fake eyelashes and for someone with short horrible eyelashes, this was so appealing. After curling them, I did two coats and I adored it. It was so dark and my eyelashes looked substantially longer, more so than when I coat three or four different mascaras on top of each other. Then, I went out on a limb from pencil eyeliner and decided to try this Maybelline Eye Studio gel eyeliner. I'm really bad at liquid eyeliner, so I was nervous this would be similar. It was so easy to put on with the little brush in a straight thin or thick line. A word of caution because it is so long lasting and hard to get off, make sure you pay attention and take your time because fixing spots is a pain.  But I did like both of them a lot. 

5. New Plans: It's plain to see that my obsession with weddings is out of control. I spend my free moments watching the most random wedding shows reveling in the details like the right dress or venue. I feel like I'm constantly second guessing myself. I've never done fashion before, is it right to jump into something head first that I really don't know if I'll like. The other day, I don't know how we started talking about it, but Sam had mentioned her and her mom talking about how good I'd be at wedding planning and how she could see me doing that more than anything else. I honestly never thought about it. Being a wedding consultant. It never crossed my mind even watching The Wedding Planner or 27 Dresses. I started on a quest to find out how to become one because there's no predetermined major that guarantees success in the business. Last night I decided upon an Associates Degree in PR (Public Relations) and then I'll do an online course to become certified in wedding planning and find a job or internship with a Wedding Planning business. It really makes so much sense. So, now I've shared it with you despite knowing the reaction will be how indecisive I am and how I probably will change my mind again. Whatever, you obviously don't know how addicted I am to weddings and details. 

always, elle


No comments: