Wednesday, June 16

"The beauty of the world has two edges, one of laughter, one of anguish, cutting the heart asunder."

Thus begins another stressful week of work, but on the bright side it's Wednesday? This weekend went better than expected, my birthday party was fun. I enjoyed it, even if nobody else did and that night I got my Nook from Barnes and Noble. I would've saved it for Serendipitous Saturdays, but I really couldn't. I've gotten a lot of grief about how real readers have paper copies of books in their hands not a piece of machinery. But I've been an avid reader since kindergarten, especially doing it for fun. I saw this as a way to have a lot of books at my finger tips whenever I want and that's exactly what it is. Downloading e-books is quick and easy and way cheaper than buying in store when you can't always get there for the next book in a series. I'm reading books even faster than usual and it's the most relaxing thing to curl up with Charlotte, my Nook, and just read nonstop. I already finished, "Skinny Bitch," a book outwardly about how to get skinny, but inside it's a mental trip that exposes all the harmful effects of food and the industries that bring it to us. I highly recommend it. I also downloaded: The Death and Life of Charlie St. Cloud, Beastly, and Something Borrowed. These books should keep me busy until Saturday.

I've been so tired lately and I'm sure the Bendryl I had to take yesterday didn't help. (My ears were swollen like Dumbo and super red. It was cute.) I've decided I'd really like a week off work, a straight week of sleeping in and relaxing, maybe even some crafting and room planning. That'd be fantastic. But for now, I'll take my sleeping in just fine thank you. I'm sure throughout the summer I'll include more book reviews, which will be fun and I've also be re-evaluating my plans thanks to some inspiration from Sam. Yes, I'm so indecisive, it's wonderful. :)

always, elle
p.s. ironically, my quote for today's post is by Virginia Woolf and the current source of my anguish is named Virginia. 

2 comments:

sharlondrawhat said...

yayayay :) oh, and i swear, i looked at your feedjit thing, and it says i go on here way more than i really do. haha, this is the first time i've looked at your blog in a few days, and it says i've been on it like, three times today! i'm really not THAT much of a creeper! :)

Elle said...

sure sure sure sam. :)
i know you're a creeper, bff. I wouldn't have taught you any other way. :) i love you.