Wednesday, June 9

“All the world is birthday cake, so take a piece, but not too much.”

This will be final post as an eighteen year old. Weird. It should be anti-climactic. But I'm having major nostalgia. This past year has been full of new, it's the adult life full of college, lots of work, and not lacking in drama for sure even up till this final day. I always say I'm different on these wonderful momentous days, but honestly I'm different everyday. I'm faced with a new situation EVERY day. No matter what. I come in contact with someone different, I deal with new problems, and I am constantly molding and changing every day.
Tomorrow will be June 10th. I will be 19 years old at 5:08 AM. (Arizona time; 8:08 am NY time). I won't wake up feeling different. I will probably go about my day as usual, except for the millions of texts/facebook comments from people I haven't spoken to in months wishing me a happy birthday because it was on their events on facebook. It won't be different because every day I'm one day older. Today is the last June 9th, 2010 I will ever have. Did I waste it? No. Life is too precious to waste a single day waiting for something better to come along. And I'm so guilty. I want new always, but I never want to make the effort to go out and get it. Today I did and yesterday I did. I showed houses yesterday, showed them today, wrote two rental apps, and I've gained confidence in myself. I can't wait for life to happen. I have to figure it out on my own. This summer I've learned so much already. It's been a month since summer started and I already feel better. I credit that to realizing who is worth it, who is making me grow as a person, and letting go of people who are only bringing me down. Emily is now living with us as Matthew and David's live in nanny and we've probably never been closer in our lives and it's amazing. She builds me up. She's exactly what I need. I can't wait to bust out the adult Mad Libs and lay on the bed speaking in English accents while playing MKF.

Tomorrow will be wonderful, actually this whole freaking weekend. Ahh. Birthday week rocks my socks, always has, always will. We will be going out to dinner for my birthday: the whole fam bam (including my sis of course). I'm sad Trey and KK won't be there, but I'll have all weekend to look forward to. I'm also dying my hair and getting it highlighted in the first time in well over a year and a half  tomorrow. I'm going mega light and I'm SO excited about it. I waited to get my business cards done until I decided what I wanted to do with my hair. Then, Saturday I'll be showing more houses to a new client. Awesome and Sunday's my party at the freaking aquarium with my very favorites. I love fish.

Blogging has been fantastic tonight, but Matilda and sister skype sesh are calling my name.

Always, Elle

P.S. Here's some birthday lovin' from the past few years. :)

Sweet 16. 
17th: Surprise Party.
18th: Freaks and Geeks.

No comments: