Saturday, May 29

"Growing up won't bring us down."

It's been quite the unexpectedly lovely week, seriously. I've enjoyed it so much. I think it's because it's summer and I'm making money and my birthday is in LESS THAN TWO WEEKS. On that note, I think I'll start my serendipity on one of the birthday presents I asked for.

1. Dell Inspiron Mini 10 Netbook: I know I'm gonna get a lot of crap for jumping the line between Apple and Windows, but it's necessary. I'm a diehard Apple girl too. In the wake of my real estate career I've found that many necessary applications and websites do not adapt to Safari or even Firefox, which gives me an excuse to get a new wonderful laptop. I came upon this one because it's teeny, cute, and purple. I know the functionality won't be the absolute best, but it's for limited on the go use for work. 


2. Theatricality: I never want Glee to feel overdone for my blog because I probably talk about it almost as most as I talk about my own friends, but I just love it that much! The past couple of weeks have truly been average at best. The music has been good, but the plot seems to be lacking in elements. This week from the first minutes with the Twilight bashing until the last five minutes with New Directions banning together to stand up for Kurt and Finn and everything in between was just wonderful. The music of Gaga and Kiss was as expected, WONDERFUL. The stories were great: Rachel and Shelby mother and daughter, Finn and his mom moving in with Kurt and his dad and the subsequent Burt freak out on Finn (fantastic), and my favorite: Quinn and Puck baby name dilemma (Jackie Daniels anyone?). I seriously started tearing up during "Beth." Overall, GREAT episode, definitely deserving of some serendipity.

3. Being in Real Estate: This is something I never believed I'd enjoy. I've been engrossed in the workaholic mentality of my dad and Angela for 10 years as they made a name for themselves in real estate. I was bitter against them for a long time because I felt like they worked too much and didn't care, but they reason they worked so much was to support us and now look where they are. They've just opened their second office with over 200 agents working for them. It's been so exciting to get leads and call people and send emails and just be so business-y. I've also enjoyed the perks of getting special treatment and seeing how proud they are of me, even if mom hates the whole thing. I'm loving it. 

4. Notebooks: It's no secret writers have their own preferred mediums of writing utensils and of places to write. I love notebooks. LOVE them. I can never finish one ever, but I will continue to buy them and make them my own. I figured with now having a career where organization is so important, I now have an excuse. So I bought neon index cards, a new yellow comp book (now covered in teal/gray ribbon stickers), and a new little gray yellow/white floral notebook. They of course serve different purposes but I love them. 


5. NEW OFFICE!: This is so exciting. My parents just opened their Walmart walk in office this week. It's amazing. They are renting space in the highest trafficked Walmart in the state and you'd be surprised how many people want to come talk about real estate in here. It's been awesome so far and the tv's and the constant interaction with people is so nice especially when it was so slow in their other office on the weekends, so now I get to spend my time here, getting to look at Trey all day when he's working too. :) What a job. 


I'm learning to savor my time not working because those moments have been few and far between. I've been doing a lot of planning. Birthday planning, room planning, life planning! It's my favorite. I'll be talking about these areas more this week when more solid ideas are formed and written in one of many notebooks. :) Have a wonderful weekend.

No comments: