Thursday, April 15

“The only life worth living is one you’re passionate about.”



Today was my first day lookin' rompalicious aka wearing a romper. :) I enjoyed it. I paired it with my natural waves, my D necklace, and some gladiators. I wore it to my cousin/twin's EVIT fashion show. She is a first year fashion merchandising student, so I was REALLY excited to get a sense of what sixteen and seventeen year olds just starting fashion could do. I was THOROUGHLY impressed. Some were mediocre, but some clearly showed strong talents in construction and design. If only I had my camera memory card I would've taken so many pictures, but I saved my internal memory's whole 4 pictures for my cousin's debut. She used Gaga as her inspiration complete with her rocking Lady G's signature "Hair" bow. She did really well. Clearly the stress paid off because the garments looked so good. I'm proud of you  Lyss, you're a serious G in my book. She did a point out to me in the crowd and noted me as her number one fan. I definitely am, and always have been. You can check my 5th grade hero paper. Most kids wrote about their mom or some athlete, I wrote about her. She's been BA since birth. I love you Twinny.

I think I also used tonight as a confidence booster. After being so knocked down by mom lately about my fashion aspirations, I saw how these girls and one boy after only being in this class/fashion from August and only worked on these garments from January really pulled it together for this show. It told me I can do it. I have the passion and the drive. I want this. I have big dreams. I want my own label. I want to be featured in Fashion Week. I want to have a boutique. Alex and I actually talked about it today how we would have collaborative store with our designs together. It got so exciting, all of our planning all while we were analyzing clothes in the mall and their store designs. I want to achieve all of these dreams. I want to one day walk out on the runway after they announce me as the designer and receive the applause amidst the bright lights and loud music. That's what I want.

By the way, I've been working on my e-portfolio for my computer lit class and I wanted to share it with you readers. It's nothing super high tech, but it's fun. I like it.
https://sites.google.com/a/asu.edu/daniellef/

No comments: