Monday, March 22

"life is art."

Today I believe I officially have embarked on my journey into the world of fashion. I bought my first sketchbook and drawing people for fashion design book a few days ago, but when I got home from CO today it was the first day I really dove into all of it. Trey bought me pencils and colored pencils and a brand new book called 200 Ways to Get You Into Fashion Design. I've been flipping through it, seeing all the little projects and steps to really starting this journey and it's intrigued me. The first project was all about buying your first sketchbook, which I already bought. It's very simple on the outside. It's teal and plainly says "sketchbook" in white writing. The front and back inside covers are covered in teal, purple, and pink hearts. I absolutely adore it. The second project was about expressing yourself and getting your creativity flowing by personalizing the inside front cover with pieces of you. I started with with coloring Elle in yellow and teal letters, then placing in pictures of Trey and I, Em and I, and Dana and I. I also found my favorite song lyrics from "Blackbird," and wrote those as well. I also decided to personalize the back blank teal cover with a tumblr quote picture I found and love:
I'm surely enjoying this newfound love of fashion, but mostly creating. It's like the part of me that has been held up inside for so long is finally coming out and it's wonderful. Too bad I have to wait a few more months until I can really start studying this in a classroom settings with others who are as passionate as I am. That's what I really am excited for, but until then. I will research, sketch, color, and explore the world of fashion individually. 

No comments: