Friday, January 15

"The sum of all human wisdom will be contained in these two words: Wait and Hope."

First and foremost, keep Haiti in your thoughts and prayers. Seeing the devastation is just incredibly sad and really makes you remember that we shouldn't take life for granted. We have so many blessings, little things like water and shelter and the peace of mind that the people we love and care about aren't missing or hurt or gone after something so tragic. It also reminds us that life is so finite and the huge things to me are nothing in comparison to losing everything you've ever had. I was freaking out about not having a car that worked and these people were wondering if they would find their missing family members. It hit me really hard and I wanted to share my feelings with others because there is strength in numbers and we can help even so far away.

I wanted to share some of the good news in my life as well. I said goodbye to my green bug, Penelope tonight, and said hello to a sparkly blue Corolla currently nameless. It's been a difficult road to figuring out what was best for me, but I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship. She's fast, fun, and has a moon roof.

No comments: