Tuesday, June 16

emma lovin'

So basically it feels like yesterday we were just messaging on facebook, taking pictures on the beach, and counting down the days. I don't know how the day has finally come that I am going to have to say goodbye. I am dreading that. I don't even know where to start. I know this will have to take the place of anything i say tonight because all of that will be covered with crying. I don't know why we didn't start talking sooner than California, honestly. Biggest mistake ever. We tried to make up for it and I think we did. We talked and laughed and made creeper jokes on the beach. Some guy eavesdropped on us talking about how we hate eavesdropping and wanted sunglasses, then tried to sell us some. You tried to tan in your bra haha. Oh Monika's fantastic ideas. We tried on crazy sunglasses and danced on the Santa Monica pier. We got lost looking for places to shop and Justice apparently needed a watch from Sears. You, Em, and I began to bond over our love of chicken nuggets, the only thing we ate during the whole trip. We became the Foursome in Disneyland and it still remains that way. We went on all the rides we wanted to and followed my map itinerary strictly, or as strictly as we could with only a few hours. You got to meet my Mom and Dino who absolutely adore you. My favorite crazy blonds went on some freaking scary ride while Momo, Justice, and I ran away. Those memories I can guarantee I'll hold with me forever. We won all those awards and screamed and cheered on some sexy guy in a Blue Knight costume, ate lollipops, and ate In & Out at 2 am.

Our bond stayed strong when we got home. The daily hugs when we walked into choir. The excitement of new guys and fun moments. Emily and I rubbed off on you with our ridiculous eating habits and excessive use of the word creeper. You helped me get Emily to think we were dressing like hookers to see Hannah Montana the Movie, but instead we wore the fishnets to her Moulin Rouge surprise party. We almost sat on the floor of the movies, you guys went to the lake and em probs almost killed you guys, at the last minute I called screaming that I had an extra ticket to Taylor Swift and picked you up 5 minutes later. We screamed the lyrics to Love Story and bought matching t-shirts. I'm so glad I got to share that night with my best friends, M&M. Then came that final week, Thursday was the hardest. We sat next to each other as Mrs. Evans read, "Oh the Places You'll Go," and you began to cry and I grabbed your hand instinctively and cried harder. I'm pretty sure that was when it hit me that you were leaving. I don't think I've ever hugged anyone harder than that day. We danced in the car to Mamma Mia on the way to McDonald's to have none other than chicken nuggets at 10 at night. You have forever embedded, "I turn my head to the east don't see nobody by my side..." as your song FOREVER. I wish I could name all the moments, but they're innumerable, you had to be there moments. :)



Em, don't ever forget us here, in Arizona. I pray you'll come back soon. You know you'll always have a place to stay. I probably can speak for every person who came in contact with you has been changed for the better. Your laughter and super cute accent are unforgettable. You are unforgettable, Emma. I'm coming one day to see the Highland Cattle, maybe to taste them because you claim they are so delicious haha. I love you so very much and I will miss you tons and tons and tons. Best friends forever even when you're miles and miles away love.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Poop!