Thursday, March 25

“Reality leaves a lot to the imagination.”

I've been so inspired lately and I've seemed to inspire a lot of people too. But before I talk about my inspiration, I want  to thank all of you who have given me a push to press on in fashion. You've all contributed to the weight lifting from my shoulder and I'm blessed to have this encouragement in my life. Thank you to Trey of course for constantly being my rock and supporting me through all the crazy adventures I want and have embarked on. Sam, even though you're not here I feel like you're always keeping me going and your message really helped me get through this week. Heather, we're not very close yet, but you always know just what to say to make my days brighter, I hope our friendship blossoms soon. And to everyone else rooting for me, thank you. It really means the world to me.

But anyways. I was wearing these adorable black flats (KILLER ON THE FEET) with these silver gems on the toe and I was totally inspired to design little cardigans with the same sort of detailing on them. So I'm excited to do that. My sketchbook is almost finished and then I can really get to work. I'm really scared to draw my first model with a garment, but once I move past it I know my sketchbook will receive a lot of my energy during my free time which is now all the time.

But here are some pictures I enjoyed today courtesy of Tumblr.





And this one wasn't on Tumblr but in a magazine in lobby of my parent's office called "Departures." It said The Fashion Issue so naturally picked it up and enjoyed reading articles about DVF (Diane von Furstenberg) and shopping in Texas, but I especially loved this article called, "The Bride Wears Black" all about Vera Wang, one of my absolute favorite designers. The title was inspired by Vera's love of black and this wedding dress that I adore:



I could talk all day about more of the inspirations I've encountered today, but Alex is here and as much as I'd love to keep him waiting just because. But I'm quite tired and hungry. :)

2 comments:

mel said...

stunning images. good for vera, i kind of wish we could move away from the "virginal white" wedding gowns and have something more interesting!
this is my first visit here, and i identify with your "i don't know what i want to do with my life" in your profile. we should make a club. i think it's a curse of being creative, it'd be easier to decide if creative jobs could be stable and available.
hope you're having a great weekend,
mel

Elle said...

Well thanks for reading :). I definitely think wedding gowns should be more of a reflection of the bride instead of just a tradition. It really is a curse because you're so indecisive and you just wanna do it all. Haha

:)
Xo,
Elle