Saturday, November 7

"You lift my feet off the ground. You spin me around. You make me crazier crazier."

I've been really into love songs lately (actually always have been haha), thank you favorite person in the world named Edward John Fitzpatrick the freaking Third. :) Every song I hear slow or fast reminds me of Trey and then I end up texting the song title to myself so I can go home and download it and play it on repeat endlessly. I decided I need happy blogs because overall I have a damn good life thanks to this man who has been mine for almost six months in a week. So I'm compiling a list of those songs that lately I play over and over and over and tend to sing loudly and badly and that make me happy. :)


"Hands, touching hands, reaching out
Touching me, touching you
Oh, sweet Caroline (BUM BUM BUM)
Good times never seem so good
I've been inclined (BUM BUM BUM)
To believe it never would."
- "Sweet Caroline" - Neil Diamond (although I prefer Puck's version from Glee!!)
This song makes me instinctively tap my foot and scream the BUM BUM BUM's and currently is on repeat on my iTunes.

"It's a quarter after one,
I'm all alone and I need you now
Said I wouldn't call but I lost all control and I need you now
And I don't know how I can do without
I just need you now."
"Need You Now" - Lady Antebellum
I heard this song when I was really upset and Trey and I were having a rough time. It described how even though I'm being stubborn I always need Trey and I'll always break down for him.

"You make me smile like the sun
Fall out of bed sing like a bird
Dizzy in my head spin like a record
Crazy on a Sunday night
You make me dance like a fool
Forget how to breathe
Shine like gold buzz like a bee
Just the thought of you can drive me wild
Ohh you make me smile."
"Smile" - Uncle Kracker
This song MAKES ME SMILE. End of story.

"The time we spent apart will make our love grow stronger
But it hurt so bad I can't take it any longer
I wanna grow old with you
I wanna die lying in your arms
I wanna grow old with you
I wanna be looking in your eyes
I wanna be there for you
Sharing everything you do
I wanna grow old with you."
"I Wanna Grow Old with You" - Westlife
Whenever I hear this I just go aww and think about all the amazing dreams and plans I have for our life. It just makes me excited for forever.

"I remember what you wore on the first day
You came into my life
And I thought hey
You know this could be something
'Cause everything you do and words you say
You know that it all takes my breath away
And now I'm left with nothing
So maybe it's true, that I can't live without you
Maybe two is better than one
But There's so much time, to figure out the rest of my life
And you've already got me coming undone
And I'm thinking two, is better than one"
"Two is Better than One" - Boys Like Girls
Ironically, I first heard this song driving home and immediately thought of Trey hearing the lyrics seeing our story play out in my head. It was perfect. I texted him and was like, "omg you have to download this song I just heard on 104.7." He replied saying, "the one that's on? Because I hear it and I see a slideshow of us in my head." Every time I listen to it I see us and I smile and see how far we've come.

"But she wears short skirts, I wear t-shirts
She's cheer captain and I'm on the bleachers
Dreaming bout the day when you'll wake up and find
That what you're lookin for has been here the whole time
If you could see that I'm the one who understands you
Been here all along so why can't you see?
You belong with me
You belong with me."
"You Belong with Me" - Taylor Swift
This is just the cutest song ever and I'm pretty sure we've all been there done that, but I think I really love it because whenever it comes on and I'm with Trey we sing it to each other the whole you belong with me part. I'll remember those times in his truck for the rest of my life.

I think love songs in any genre are the most powerful out there. They are so raw and emotionally charged and everyone can relate in one way or another feeling immense happiness, butterflies, excitement to the polar opposite of pain, loss, and heartbreak. Perhaps this is the reason I have a "Love makes the World go 'Round" playlist on my iTouch. (Which is currently M.I.A.)

No comments: