Saturday, October 24

“Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within.”


“What you deserve, is a guy who adores you for what you are. Who doesn’t see you as a project, but as a prize.” - the truth about forever, Sarah Dessen

Almost a year ago, I was broken. I am whole again and I know true love is real. I've seen it, I've experienced it, I know if you're patient you'll receive it. Sometimes old love can blind us. It makes us believe there's nothing else for us out there, but that one person because they're all we think we deserve. Sometimes our first love is our only love. My friend Caitlin is celebrating four years with her boyfriend today and they're happier everyday because they know they've survived. Sometimes our first love is a test, a lesson, not the right thing for us in the long run. Sometimes it breaks us so bad we don't realize what we could have, that maybe we're better than being used, that their lies aren't worth it, that maybe, just maybe our real true love is out there. It's not easy, love given to us is never just a walk in the park. Everyday is a struggle, but the only thing that makes that struggle worth it, is knowing that at the end of the day you will always have them. I just want everyone to know settling shouldn't be an option because you deserve the very best.

I can't take it any longer but my will is getting stronger
And I think I know just what I have to do
I can't waste another minute after all that I've put in it
I've given you my best, why does she get the best of you?
So next time you find you wanna leave her bed for mine
Why don't you stay? I'm up off my knees
I'm so tired of being lonely, you can't give me what I need


Blahhh for posts that ramble and make absolutely no sense.
This whole post was a little random and messy, but all of these thoughts had to be put down in words and they just all came out at once. :( :( No me gusta.

“Having a sister is like having a best friend you can’t get rid of. You know whatever you do, they’ll still be there.”

No comments: