Saturday, October 10

"I'd like to make myself believe that planet Earth turns slowly."

It’s not a choice exactly, more like a natural fact: without you, I am alone.

The way she talks about you; it's like you put the stars in her sky.

Once upon a time there was a boy who loved a girl, and her laughter was a question he wanted to spend his whole life answering.

Love is about all of the little things, that add up to really big things. Love is rare and special, but should not be treated as if it will break. Love needs to be thrown around and beat up a little bit, worn in, but not worn down. Love needs to be a comfortable feeling, a place to go when NO ONE else in the world can relate. A safe place, where you know that no matter how ugly you look or how angry you are, you will still be… loved.

So just kiss me, and let my hair messy itself in your fingers. Let me steady myself in the arms of a man who won’t ask me to be what he needs, but lets me exist as I am.

For a really long time that's all I had. Little moments with a girl who saw me as a friend. And, a lot of people told me I was crazy to wait this long for a date with a girl I work with but I think, even then I knew that... I was waiting for my wife.