Saturday, August 15

"It never occurred to me it wasn’t the beginning. It was happiness. It was the moment. Right then.”

After 10 days, she's leaving. Her and Billy and Jeanne and Billy. I knew it would go by fast. I just didn't realize it until yesterday. Clearly Dana is my equal, just like Emily. It's different though. We have the same habits and the way we say things and how quiet we are. We took drives in silence and it was okay like we didn't need words to fill the gaps. It was refreshing. We both get in bed and despite who we're texting we pass out within moments. We're messy and sarcastic and love the Beatles. We've been friends since birth, raised separately thousands of miles apart by women who have been best friends for 30, no 31 years. I guess it makes sense how alike we are.

We didn't take many pictures together. I so regret that. It was 10 days together, sleeping in the same bed, sitting next to each other everywhere and maybe 10 pictures just us. Depressing. She will be on a plane in 4 hours and I won't see her for a year at least. Tomorrow we will resume our talking over facebook comments and remembering great memories and inside jokes about midgets and what not. I wished it were more.


Thing 1 & Thing 2 for life.

No comments: