Saturday, April 25

paths.

I never thought God would steer me in this completely opposite direction. He has presented me with a fabulous oppurtunity way too good to pass up. Being that I'm me, I made a list of pro's and con's. The Pro's heavily outweighed the three con's that although were huge in my mind, but miniscule in comparison to the pro's. ASU offered me a huge scholarship, not only giving me the chance to stay at home for at least another year with Em, but also the dog I've been begging for. I thought my mom wanted me to go to Flagstaff, to finally free her from the headaches of mistakes and stupidity that have been constant for almost 18 years. I was wrong. She looked at me at breakfast this morning after I was teasing her saying how excited she was about Lulu, the future member of our household, and she said No, I'm more excited that you're staying with me. I swore NAU was my future, the place I was supposed to be, to finally get away from my parents, and be free of them and this house. He clearly doesn't want me there. As excited as I am to graduate, I was so scared, knowing that next year my mom and Em wouldn't be 5 minutes away if I was hungry or I locked my keys in my car. I cried and thought a lot about what I should do, so here it is, I'm staying, going to ASU, getting Lulu, and staying happy (and less broke.)

Everything is falling into place. There's like 30 some days left till I'll never walk the crowded halls of Hamilton again. I've found a guy and the job I now won't have to leave with the kiddos who I've grown to love so much. I'm excited for this summer and for new beginnings. :) And prom was fabulous, by the way.




No comments: